J. Crew Warehouse sale- Part 2


So after a two plus hour wait we were lucky enough to get in on the first wave.  

The warehouse was filled with box after box of recent J. Crew items. Clothes, jewelry, shoes, coats- everything at crazy prices! When we entered we were given a trash bag and a price list with instructions (like- you can only spend $500 at a time, you can only purchase so many of each item-an effort to ward off resellers, and my favorite rule "disrobing to try on clothes is not allowed" etc.)  The items were piled into large boxes on tables and were somewhat sorted by gender. For example, a table might be marked "women's tops" but you would find everything from women's tops to skirts to belts to the ocassional men's or kids peice.  I adopted the practice of going from box to box, picking up anything in my size that I was remotely interested in and shoving it in my bag. Once I was tired and overstimulated I moved to a quiet corner and paired down my bag to the peices I wanted the most. 

The prices were pretty amazing- shorts, jewelry, accessories and skirts -$8 each, shirts- $10, embellished shirts-$15, pants-$15, dresses- $15. Let me give you a comparison -
Two pair of shorts for Ben- tagged at $57 each- paid $16- $98 savings.
Blazer for Ben- tagged at $189- paid $30- $159 savings.
Several tops for me tagged between $88-$129 -paid $10-15 each!!!
Ben and Jeff's haul.
Mine!
Checkout took about 45 minutes and to my surprise they took off an extra 15% at the end.  The sale was amazing and I'd love to do it again (anyone interested?) That is, once I can shop again.  I've reached my limit.


Comments

  1. Ummm...TAKE ME NEXT TIME!! This sounds incredible. And what great finds!
    PS. I never realized you had a blog! I'll be following along now :)
    Grace in Style

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quick Outlet stop

Burlington!!! Not just coats!!!

Anatomy of a cheap outfit