Anatomy of a cheap outfit

I'll start with a caveat- by no means do I consider myself a "style expert" or someone on the cutting edge of fashion.  I know what I like and I wear it.  I have "classics" in my closet that are older than my dog. I do follow a set of rules (hopefully Clinton and Stacey would be proud) I'll share those later.  All that aside, the goal of this blog is to show how cheaply you can put together a decent look.

Let's break this outfit down:
1. The jacket- this cute cropped tweed jacket has bell sleeves and is from The Limited, originally, that is. I bought it at the local Community Aid store (http://www.communityaid.net/www/) on half price Wednesday for....$2.00!!!!!!!!!
 
2. The t-shirt- Gap Outlet, probably $4 or $5 (its been a while.)
 
3. The skirt- this black knit skirt is from American Apparel (http://www.americanapparel.net/) they have retail locations and an online site.  I appreciate their principles (read about Vertical Integration) but to be honest, I've only made one purchase from them. Why? BECAUSE I'M CHEAP and they can be a little pricey!!! On April Fool's day 2011 they had a crazy online sale- they offered about 30 items for $1 each.  You got it - thats where the skirt came from!!!! I brought a total of 4 skirts and some tights.
 
4. Fishnets- Bought a two pack of the hose from Conways (http://conwaystores.com/) Oh, how I love thee, Conways!!!!! By the way, if you go the website now you can get a $10 off a $25 purchase coupon. If you don't know about Conways, stay tuned, there will be many more posts about my favorite store.  Fishnets were $2 a pair.
  
5. The boots- these mock suede boots were $10 on clearance last March at Walmart.
 
6. Last but not least, the necklace- $6 from Grand Illusions jewelry sale.  Grand Illusions is a company that does jewelry fundraising sales in hospitals, nursing homes, schools etc.  I can't find an actual website for them but I can tell you when they are in the Southern PA region.
 
So, to sum things up, this is a $25 outfit. Impressed?  If not, stay tuned because I can do much better :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick Outlet stop

Burlington!!! Not just coats!!!