The Countdown has begun...

Black Friday is almost here.  Are you ready?  I'm probably preaching to the choir when I tell you that you must have a plan to get the most out of a Black Friday shopping experience.  And when I say "plan" I don't mean, "Oh, I'm going to the mall and maybe Target."  No, I mean a spreadsheet, color coded kind of plan with a timeline that you've been working for at least two weeks.

At this point most of the Black Friday (and Thanksgiving) sale ads have been leaked so you should have all of the resources you need to plan your adventure.  In case you don't know where to find these ads here are a couple of resources-
http://blackfriday.com/flyers
http://bfads.net/

On both of these sites you can search the ads, both by "ad scan" and categorized list.  The best feature, in my opinion, is the option to make a shopping list from the site.  You can compare prices, select items and choose your store and then print out the list.

I don't want to diminish the importance of the actual sale circulars that come in the Thanksgiving day paper.  Many contain coupons and sometimes we find that the leaked ad from the websites above were decoys.  So I always advise grabbing a paper and double-checking your list.

It may sound obvious but, be realistic about how much ground you can cover in a limited shopping window.  Prioritize your store selections and don't think you can do it all.

Two final words of advice-
1. There is nothing wrong with taking a 2:00 AM nap.  If I go shopping straight through from 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM I am a walking zombie by 4:00AM and that is just not safe, nor pleasant to witness.

2. And lastly, if you choose a partner to join you (which I highly recommend) choose carefully. Think about who has the interest, stamina and sense of humor to go the long haul.  Teenage nieces are my perfect choice :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick Outlet stop

Burlington!!! Not just coats!!!

Anatomy of a cheap outfit